Saturday, July 9, 2011

St. Lucia Carnival

I may not be going but that doesnt mean I cant share what my choices would have been with you guys. OR my fave St Lucian '11 soca.

I mentioned before that my band of choice is Red Unlimited, and its also the band that all my Lucian friends jump with. The costumes below were my top two picks for this yr.



Red Light District would have set me back between $850 to $900 ECD depending on when I registered. This was a women only section and also VIP. I love this costume, I wouldn't mind getting this as an option for Trinidad carnival as i think its right on par with some of our costumes in the more popular bands.



Redemption had an early bird price of $675 and then went up to $725. This was my second choice. I really like white and gold costumes and since I didn't get a chance to play with Titans this was the next best thing for me.






Glo Ko Ko! What's funny is that months ago I told my friend I liked it and he gave me a iffy response, fast forward to now and he loves it, has it all up on his bb status and what not lol. Its apparently been picking up steam in St. Lucia and is quite possibly a road march contender. Although it sounds more groovy than power I learnt that anything is possible after Guh Down placed a very close second for Road March in BIM last year. Although popular it was def not what I would call power soca, yet it very nearly beat Blood's Foot on Fire.

I really wish I could have made it this year but can't fret up too much. i just know to start planning for next year instead and live vicariously through my friends in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment