Thursday, July 7, 2011

Indigo: The Review

I've been stalling on this review simply because I don't quite know how to express just how flippin good this party was.
And yes, I know I was adamant that I was NOT paying $70 for any party without a performer but peer pressure is a biatch and I caved :S.

In previous years the party was held at Decatur House in downtown D.C., but this year the promoters decided to be fancy and have it in Fort Washington. This venue was roughly an hr away from D.C. at someone's nice upscale lakeside house. As soon as you entered there was the bar (and my first stop) to the left, a dancefloor to the right, and the food was set up to the right of the dancefloor. All of this was flanked by a lovely view of the water. *gorgeous*

Its funny that I thought that they couldn't improve on this party, because they definitely did. It was like Beachouse meets Scorch meets D.C. Everyone clearly came out with the intention to get chocolate wasted, have a great time and managed to keep it classy while doing that. I personally had a ball!!! I wasn't even that tipsy seeing as food ran out b4 I got there (insert angry face), so I couldn't really drink. But the vibe was jus sooooooo good you didn't even need alcho to free up and enjoy yourself. I didn't want the party to end and was happy when they let us go til 6pm instead of 5. P.S. Hey Gresham, maybe you guys should look into 7pm next year..just a thought :) Oh and shout out to Barry, who did a great job on the turntables.

Now there were some cons, food ran out by 3 and for an expensive all inclusive that started at 12 and finished at 6 this was unnacceptable. The bar was understaffed and a couple friends of the promoters had to step in and assist at one point to speed up the drinks process, also not cool. The vibe and ambience of the party was THAT good that these things didnt bother me that much, although I did have to make a Mickey D's stop between Indigo and the Appreciation Party.

Overall Indigo gets an A+ and anyone thinking of doing DC Carnival needs to experience this party at least once. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment