Wednesday, August 17, 2011

UPDATES

I've been gone for a minute, had to deal with 'real life' so I've been spectating all the drama for the last week or so. And boy has there been drama!!

First off...Fantasy Carnival. How dare you! How dare you launch publicly, and cause me to envision myself chippin down the road a la Victoria Secret Fashion Show in all my winged glory....only to snatch that hope away with your 'who yuh know' committee registration. Good thing I'm a strong believer in NOT fighting dwn a scene so forget alyuh, I am officially registered to play wth TRIBE in Dubai's frontline :D. This was the ONLY costume I wanted from TRIBE (and yes i did pray a lil on it) so I am happy!

Talkin bout TRIBE....
So basically they are no longer tryin to keep up appearances with a hush-hush comittee reg and jus takin this committee registration business and running with it. Saturday 13th was the day to submit the downpayment and NUFF ppl i know, many of whom never played with TRIBE before were all registered in their section of choice. Now as for this 'send us a request and we will see if we can accommodate you' business, I'm waiting to see how it plays out. Is it going to be fair and first come first served or are they going to screen people...thats my main issue. Just picture if in years to come you have to submit a application, with headshots and full length shots and a nice lil essay on 'Why I Think I should Be Allowed to Play With TRIBE'. Somehow, jokes aside.....I feel like in a few years some band will make that a reality.....

Something like this..





Dear Madam TRIBEperson
I, Carnival Baby am hereby applying for a suitable section within your band for the upcoming 2012 Carnival celebrations. I have included a copy of my resume along with the requested photos for your perusal. Please do not be concerned about my love handles and jiggly thighs, I have committed myself to a strict diet/excercise regimen, which I have also included with this application. I also have a sworn statement from my personal trainer guaranteeing results within the designated time frame. I fully understand that failure to meet 'body good-oye' status could mean the forfeit of my downpayment and my place in the band, and I take full responsibility for preventing such a situation. I hope that you will find my face and body suitable for your demographic.
Sincerely
Carnival Baby

LOL! But really though, what if.....

I think this year more than ever the issue of how far you would go to be in the band/costume of your choice has been at the forefront. With bands becoming more exclusive and making committee registration de rigeur, it has been made clear to me that I need to know where to draw my line. So far I'm not too stressed about getting into where I want, but not everyone is fortunate in having friends/links on comittees. So what's left for them...Island People?? maybe YUMA..... Its a double edged sword as yes you want to give the people who have supported you, friends, family and sometimes your first time masqueraders who took a chance on your band first dibs, but it means that more and more anybody who is not in the who-yuh-know scene is sh*t outta luck.

Next post will be a condensed band review....don't want to put too much time on that as I dunno about alyuh but I'm past launches and on to Monday Wear, Makeup And Boots!

3 comments:

  1. dying at your cover note to your application...dyyyiiingg lolol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bacchanal Babes (jamaica Carnival) already does screening ... email measurements and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hilarious! It's going to happen. Just a matter of when!

    ReplyDelete