Friday, August 26, 2011

And It Continues...

So much thanks to everyone who commented on my last blog about Afro chic decorating wire bras. My friend emailed her on my behalf and seems like things are a go on that end :D.

Next up on the list are my boots and my monday waistband.

I plan to reuse my Monday boots from last year for Monday Mas again this year, but after last year's spray paint debacle i was in dire need of new tuesday boots. Just fyi....when decorating suede boots it is advisable to use FABRIC spray paint and NOT the regular spray paint. Lesson learnt! lol

I decided to step my game up a notch and go for wedge heel boots. I think I can handle it as my go-to pr of boots this last winter were wedges and I walked 20 mins to school in them on some mornings. It's really amazing the difference a wedge heel makes versus a regular heel of the same height. it feels as if you're wearing flats. I have narrowed my choices down to these three (see below) and will sleep on it and make a decision in the morning.



Amazon: $20.00



Go Jane: $30.80



Amazon: $22.99

My Monday belt will be pretty simple. It was inspired by the belly chains I've seen my Nigerian friends wearing. I just hope I'm skilled enough to pull off the design I have in mind lol. tomorrow I'm going to the bead shop to see if they have anything that will match Dubai. Hopefully I get these things out the way quickly so I can move on to my Monday headpiece!

3 comments:

  1. Hey...i wuld go with the 1st, 3rd and 2nd in that order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 1st one the best also! I ♥ a wedge for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went with the one in the third pic! now to practice in them so my feet dont fail me come Carnival Tuesday! lol

    ReplyDelete