Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Quest for Monday Fabulousity:Pt 1



This is all i want...this style frame..decorated in my Dubai colors. So why is this whole 'find-a-wire-bra-designer-process becoming so gosh darned stressful?!






Now first off...TRIBE you should have made a wire bra option available. That would have definitely made things easier and I don't mind forking out an extra hundred or so US for said bra.






Secondly...why is it so hard to find a designer/wire bender to just make what you want. To date I have msged (or rather a friend did on my behalf to keep me anonymous :D) Darrel Bluze, Designing Daryl, Akin Ross and even the samba costumes guy.






Darrel Bluze is the designer of this frame and judging from his work he seems quite able to design what I need. He quoted me a price of $120US. I am based abroad and as he seems very hesitant to communicate via email this poses some problems. I emailed him initially and called when he requested, however after I sent a subsequent email minutes later based on our conversation he clearly did not remember who I was. He responded asking me to call him to discuss price etc, stuff that had already been settled during the first phone call :S If I was physically in trini I wouldn't mind taking a chance but I cant do much checking up from here so that option is out.



Designing Daryl told me his prices START at $125US. I sent him a photo of the frame I wanted only for him to respond saying basically that the design I wanted was shitty and he doesnt do work like that....I'm kidding! He didn't say shitty...just that his designs are 'far more elaborate'. Still contemplating this option....He told me to look at his designs that were featured on Saucy's page which I did. I kinda want something more naked than what I've seen from him so far. And I would feel kinda shame to tell him that, which is why I havent responded to him yet lol.






Akin Ross said his wire bra's are $185US and come with boy shorts and a matching neckpiece. Now I dont know where the boyshorts and neckpiece come in because I already have my extra bikini bottom and accessories lined up but w/e. $185 is definitely way...WAY out of my price range.




The Samba Costmes guy is not taking any custom orders... :(



So basically I am back at square one and contemplating just buying some wire and doing my own thing. If my last option doesnt pan out I just may end up doing so. In anycase I already have to make my own circlet/small headpiece since I got blanked from TRIBE. Not too sure why, as the girl just said 'the small headpiece is not an option for that costume' when i clearly didnt ask for it as an 'option' but an addition..o well...its honestly not that difficult to make one and trying to buy it from them was pure laziness.




BUT if anyone knows someone who would just make the bra frame I

want, no questions asked and no ridic price tag let me know!!!


Anyways fingers crossed I get this wire bra situation sorted out asap so I can focus on my Mon/Tues boots and Monday wear waistband! Yes I said waistband...I did say I was going all out right ;)

7 comments:

  1. That's a nice design. I don't recall Afro Chic offering wire bra design services...but if you contact her she may be able to guide you to someone who may be able to design one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=afro+chic+wire+bra+for+carnival

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnx guys! I know she decorates them but I think she sources the actual wire frames from someone else. Gonna send her an email and see where that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost fell out my chair when I saw this lmao... I was like "I didnt say it was shitty lol" - my only concern with doing bras like this is that your nipple will be on show OR you wont truly enjoy carnival because you will be concerned with whether your breast is outside. Now some might say to leave that up to the discretion of the purchaser, but let their Janet Jackson episode end up on front page of the Punch or on TCD with negative reviews and you will hear somebody utter - well DD should have never done ah bra like that!! - DesigningDARYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! please note I stated that i was only joking and u didnt really say that :). I decided to stick to d ppl (TRIBE) bra for this year, after paying for school my funds are on low!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise choice my dear - WISE CHOICE!! In addition, there is always NEXT YEAR...

      Delete