Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interesting.....

Interrupting this lil CropOver review session for something i just noticed. As some of you may know, Tribe had a section in Baje International's Crop Over Band this year called Heaven to Earth. In my opinion, this was a gorgeous costume and truthfully the best I saw on the road for Kadooment.





'Heaven to Earth' - Tribe's section in Baje Internationals' Free to Fly (CropOver 2K10)

When Saucy first posted pics of the band, the general consensus seemed to be that this was not 'up to standard' and that Tribe needed to come better for Trini Carnival 2010 particularly because of the size of the head piece pictured on the right. Now fast forward to this morning when I checked Saucy's blog (as i do every day lol ) only to realise that Tribe is in fact offering a small headpiece option similar to one above for quite a few of their 2k11 costumes.





Xi'an Warriors backline with small headpiece






Persian Gold FRONTLINE with collar option and small headpiece

Interesting right....Now I can say that I am tempted by the small headpiece option, particularly after experiencing what it was like to chip down d rd in hott blazin sun with this heavy slippin-and-sliding-with-every-breeze-headpiece in Bdos, and also because it looks elegant and pretty in an understated way ...BUT Carnival is all about glitz and glamor and being out there with your costume so...y take a small headpiece when I can jam with something luxuriant and feathery...decisions decisions.....

In anycase I'm quite intrigued by what the feedback will be on these small headpieces..I think a lot of my people..like myself prior to 10am this morning were not even aware that the headpieces were that tiny..I actually thought that the Amazon headpiece I saw yesterday was the small headpiece lol (pics coming soon)

P.S. I have already started sourcing Monday Wear...excited much? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment