Monday, April 18, 2011

Frugalista Fashion

Its not easy being a shopaholic on a student income so I've found little tips and tricks to help me get what I need at the lowest cost possible.

Exhibit A:Perfume
I looooooove wearing perfume, but can never commit to just one scent. For example at the moment my go-to daytime perfumes are Marc Jacobs' Daisy and DKNY's Be Delicious while I prefer to wear Versus by Versace and Givenchy's Very Irresistable at night. Now this could very well run me over $200 easy, as the average cost of the regular sizes these are roughly between $40 to $72USD.

Enter The Rollerball and cue the start of my love affair with Sephora! For just $20 I can have the rollerball in almost any perfume I want and as an added bonus for the lil miss frequent flyer that I am, they are small enough to fit in my makeup bag and can fit in my handbag without making it bulky. Sephora also runs specials on them occasionally, such as the one I listed below which you can get right now.

SIDENOTE: Was inspired to write this blog after my regular sized $60-something-more-than-half-full DKNY Be Delicious decided to start smelling funky after only having it for a couple of years. Ideally perfume should last between 5-7 years but I guess it got too much sun exposure (I sat it on my windowsill)...such a waste and all the more reason to stick to my minis as I have yet to finish a regular sized bottle of perfume. They ALWAYS go bad b4 that can happen.

And yes I am aware that I defined this blog as a 'carnival blog' but in my book Carnival is not just the costume and the bands but the makeup and accessories too, so expect to see blog posts on everything from monday wear and boots to makeup and eyelashes :)

Rollerball Collection For Her
$140 value for only $60!
Fragrance lovers can experience seven of Sephora's most coveted women's scents with this set of full-size rollerballs. Try them all at home, keep one or two in your purse, or give them away as a luxurious little gift.
This set includes seven full-size rollerballs:
- 0.34 oz Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioa
- 0.2 oz Coach Poppy
- 0.34 oz CLEAN Shower Fresh
- 0.33 oz Hanae Mori Butterfly
- 0.25 oz Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
- 0.32 oz LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit
- 0.34 oz Paco Rabanne Lady Million

No comments:

Post a Comment