Friday, March 18, 2011

Updates

I havent been very good blogger...never finished my Crop Over review and never reviewed Miami either lol.

I will try my best to finish my review of my last carnival, the biggest and best, Trini Carnival! Actually my FIRST TRINI CARNIVAL IN 5 YEARS!!! It was a really great experience, I just wished it could have been longer, not necessarily more than the two days but just for me to have been here for more of the Carnival season. I missed a Machel concert of epic proportions and didn't get to see my costume until the day of collection (Carnival friday) but all in all it was well worth every dime spent. Its so true when people say you pay for the experience and not so much the costume, I will DEFINITELY do it again next year!

There are definitely some changes i need to make next year, definitely need to start preparing earlier as i hd only a month to get everything together and kinda said screw it and didnt go all out for my monday wear, makeup etc as I had originally planned. I also did not have my carnival body ready :( and my lack of fitness caused me to skip the TRIBE/BLISS Afterparty in Jenny's carpark, I was waaaay too bun to mke it. silly me also put no gel insoles in my cheap boots so you could imagine how the soles of my feet felt by the end of las lap!

The one tad unfortunate thing is that I now have the carnival bug worse than ever and am here googling dc, st lucia and bdos cropover dates so i can have something to look forward too. (my poor bank account!) O and also i think this year I may make the shift from j'ouvert to pretty mas right thru. for some reason I didnt have fun in the D.C. paint band in '09 neither did I have that much fun in the mud band '10..so this year either I just go stush and dun and play in Panisha or one of the other 'pretty mas' bands or...I skip the parade and just do the parties..we'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment