Monday, March 21, 2011

Cropover plannings

so here I was dilly-dallying on booking my ticket..waiting with bated breath in the hopes that Bdos would really have a two day Kadooment this year and then yesterday I come across the official schedule and Kadooment day is listed as only August 1st :( . I was really looking forward to another two day festival but...o well. It makes St Lucia Carnival all the more appealing though, as they have a 2 day jump up.I included the official crop over calendar below, as taken from the website http://www.barbadoscropoverfestival.com/.




In other news this is a whole world of planning that I need to get done, tickets, accomodation (there is talk of renting a beachhouse) and who I'm going to drag along with me as I am determined to get at least two of my trini friends to participate this year! Also I need to decide on whether or not I will make the move from PowerX4 to Baje International as honestly while I enjoyed myself last year there was definitely room for improvement. My main concerns were that we started hours later than we should have, resulting in our band being the last on the road. Then we had a lot of stormers and a lot of ppl chippin with the band and half my time was spent outside the rope as I felt seriously clustrophobic when i was actually in the band. Also when I took a good look at Baje's costumes it is obvious that they put more effort into actually following the theme and being creative in their costume design and execution, at least more so that PowerX4. Switching bands is all dependent on getting trinis to play with me as all my bajan friends play with PowerX4 so hopefully I can convince them to jump and keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment