Friday, June 24, 2011

Machel to perform at White House




Link to article below
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/featured-news/Machel_to_perform_at_the_White_House-124472059.html

Nice to see that all of this is cleared up and I'm extremely proud of Machel...this is a huge accomplishment! I can't help but wonder how this performance is going to go down tho....am I the only one picturing Machel and Brittany dancing to 'Bend Over' in front of the Obamas? lol!


So far DC Carnival is shaping up to be ...okay. Wednesday night I attended the Launch party at Bar 7, last night One at Club Muse and tonight which is my last night of partying I will be at DC Star for Machel's performance :D I really hope that tonight is great as the events thus far have been decent but not as good as years past. My experience this year has actually made me pretty sure that unless these promoters and the DCCC get it together next year, DC Carnival will not be on my list of events to attend.

At the last minute the Saturday event got switched up and they basically changed the focus and headliner acts from the whole bag of artists they had listed initially (and their emphasis on Kes) to just Blaxx and Benjai -_-. They then put Kes onto the Friday party so it went from hosted by to performance by. Now what if as intended I had already bought my ticket for Sat so I could see Kes perform? I would have been PISSED! Thankfully I am Ms Last Minute and kept stickin with that and now Saturday night will meet me in my bed.

Allegedly one of the promoters for the Saturday event got shortchanged in the mix-up. The Saturday event was their only fete for the weekend, unlike the other promoters and now they stand to lose revenue due to the recent changes. This is because of course Benjai and Blaxx will not pull the same crowd as Kes. Talk about taking the L.

Thats all the updates I have for now, now excuse me while I go nurse my mini hangover, Long Island Iced Teas are my kryptonite! :S

No comments:

Post a Comment