Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FINALLY!

Just yesterday I was wondering about the lack of info on the DC Carnival fetes. Other than the smaller events I had heard nothing about the events on DC Carnival weekend. In fact, I was starting to wonder if maybe their short notice on the fact that there would be a DC Carnival this year interfered with planning. But thankfully and finally the website is up, so go on and click over to http://www.dccarnival.com/ for info on all the upcoming festivities!

I have noticed that there are some changes in the line up this year. For the first time in...well rel years there is no TRIBE IGNITE on the Thursday.....wonder why?

Also, typically there are two events on the Carnival Saturday, one hosted by Pumpstation Entertainment and the other hosted by Basement Knokers Ent, however this year it seems that they have joined forces. Hopefully this all works out as both these events are typically 'ram out' so it will be interesting to see if they can find a suitable venue for the large crowd or perhaps cut back on no of tickets sold.

Regardless of all the changes I am definitely looking forward to the weekend, especially seeing Kees perform :D. Also extremely pleased that the Friday night event has been moved even closer to DC proper, definitely makes it easier for people like me who don't own cars. The 'purchase tickets' link is not working yet but hopefully this gets sorted out soon. Can't wait to buy my tickets! (and I hope they don't sell out before I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment